General rental conditions
version December 2018 "De Koepoort" Molenwater 101 or 103, 4331 SG Middelburg. Correspondence address Koepoortstraat 10, 4331 SL Middelburg. email: email@example.com
- These General Terms and Conditions apply to reservations and agreements relating to an apartment in 'De Koepoort', standing and located at Molenwater 101 and 103, 4331 SG in Middelburg in the Netherlands.
- In these General lease conditions, the term 'lessor' / 'us' means Appleyard and Blom V.O.F.
- In these General Terms and Conditions of Rent, the term 'tenant' is understood to mean: the person who concludes an agreement with us in respect of one of the apartments.
- These General Terms and Conditions apply regardless of your (prior) reference to any own conditions or to other general terms and conditions. We reject all Terms and Conditions to which you refer or which are used by you.
- Agreements deviating from these General Terms and Conditions are only valid if agreed in writing.
- We only take reservations from persons who are 18 years and older. Reservations by persons younger than that age are therefore not valid.
- After you have booked, you will receive a confirmation from us within 5 days, the general rental conditions an invoice and request for deposit. We request that you check these documents for accuracy and immediately notify us of any inaccuracies. If you have not received a confirmation of receipt from us within 5 days of making the reservation, we request you to contact us directly, failing which you can not invoke the reservation.
An agreement is concluded between you and us at the time that we have confirmed the reservation to you. The agreement concerns the letting of one of the apartments for recreational use, which by its nature is short-lived.
- For reservations that have not been paid online at the time of booking, we will charge your credit card debit approximately 7 days before arrival for the payment of the rent and the deposit. If your reservation is within 7 days before the arrival date, we will do so immediately after booking.
- If we have not received payment or Credit Card details we will send you a payment invitation about two weeks before arrival. This payment must then be made no later than one week before arrival via Credit Card.
- With the payment of a term of or the entire rent you confirm to have read the general rental conditions and agree to this. The rental ends automatically after the expiry of the agreed period.
- In the event of late payment of the amounts invoiced to you, you will be in default immediately after the payment deadline. In that case we reserve the right to cancel your reservation and cancel the agreement.
- Cancellation by the tenant must always be done in writing (by e-mail or by mail). The following rules apply:
- Advance payments will not be returned in case of cancellation.
- You can cancel the reservation upto 7 days before arrival.
- In case of cancellation within 7 days before the date of arrival, 100% of the rent will be charged
- If you do not arrive on the day of arrival before 22:00 [middelburg time] without further notice, this is considered a cancellation and is due 100% of the rent.
- In case of cancellation on our part, any money already paid will be refunded.
Stay in the apartment:
- Weekend: Friday from 3PM until Monday 10AM
- Midweek: Monday from 3PM until Friday 10AM
- Week: Friday from 3PM to Friday 10AM or Monday from 3PM to Monday 10AM.
- On the day of arrival, you can in principle use the apartment from 3PM. On the day of departure you must have left the apartment at 10AM and have returned the key.
- The apartment is non-smoking.
- No open fire may be used outside.
- Pets are not allowed.
- The rent includes final cleaning towels and bedlinnen.
- Sub- or sub-rental is expressly prohibited.
- The stay of more persons in the apartment than agreed on the reservation, or the maximum of 2 personsapplicable to the property is expressly not permitted without our permission, unless otherwise agreed in writing. This may lead to the premature termination of the lease on our part, without refund of rent.
- Moving cabinets and beds, as well as sound or television equipment or taking out any part of the inside inventory is expressly not permitted.
- Garbage that you wish to be disposed of during your stay can be placed outside,of,your front door before 11AM and will be removed by us for you.
Liability / complaints / damages:
- The tenant and other users in the relevant rental period in the rented apartment are fully responsible for all damage that occur to the house, the inventory and all matters belonging to the rented object, unless tenant and other users can make it plausible that the damage can not be attributed to them. We therefore recommend that you inspect the apartment and inventory carefully for defects and shortcomings on arrival. If you notice damage or defects, please report this immediately to us.
- We accept no liability for theft, loss or damage of or to property or persons, of whatever nature, during or as a result of the stay in the apartment. We accept no liability for construction activities on the access and main roads and in the vicinity of the rented apartment. We accept no liability in the event of the failure or inoperability of technical equipment, utilities, the non-functioning or partly non-functioning of the internet.
- The costs of normal maintenance and repair of defects are for our account. If defects occur, the tenant must inform us immediately and follow our instructions as good as possible. Possible costs incurred by the tenant in this connection will be refunded by us to the tenant on submission of specified invoices.
- The apartment has a (wireless) internet connection that the tenant can use, the following applies: in the Netherlands it is strictly forbidden to download or upload from the internet illegally! There are high fines here and it is strictly controlled. The tenant is responsible and liable for his / her own internet use and if fines are imposed, these will be passed on to the tenant. The personal details of the occupant / offender will be made known at the request of the authorities / copyright holder(s). All costs incurred by the landlord related to such an infringement will be recovered from the tenant.
- If you still want to submit a complaint, it must be motivated to us in writing within 14 days of leaving the apartment.
Departure and final cleaning:
Tenant is liable, without judicial intervention, for all fines, costs, damage that the landlord suffers from non-compliance with the instructions regarding waste separation.
The apartment must be left as follows:
- Leave the house sweep clean
- Everything washed clean, dried and put back in the cupboards
- Keep the dishwasher and refrigerator clean and empty
- Do not leave food in the cupboards
- The trash cans emptied
- Report to us any breakage or damage.
- Return the keys on time to Koepoortstraat 10. [Middelburg]
On all these conditions and on provisions from the rental agreement / house rules as well as any disputes arising from this, only Dutch law applies.